Cabinet Secretary for Health Kenya, Nakhumicha S. Wafula has held discussions today with the newly inducted directors of the National Health Insurance Fund (NHIF).
Under the leadership of CEO Mr. Elijah Wachira, the talks were centered on the urgency to craft a strategic plan ensuring a fluid transition.
The areas of focus encompassed staff matters, maintaining the sanctity of patient data, and addressing pending financial dues.
This overhaul comes in the backdrop of the ongoing Universal Health Coverage (UHC) initiative, reiterating the government’s commitment to quality healthcare for all.
The six new directors joining NHIF are as follows:
- Ms. Hazel Koitaba, Director Beneficiary and Provider Management
- Ibrahim Mohamed Alio, Director Corporate Services
- Pariken Ole Sankei, Director Internal Audit
- Catherine Mungania, Corporation Secretary/Director Legal Services
- Robert Ingasira, Director Financial Services
- Martin Ayoo, Director Information and Communication Technology