Deputy Minister in the Presidency for Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Ms. Pinky Kekana will lead a Youth Career Expo at Moqhaka Local Municipality, Free State, on 27 and 28 March 2023. The Youth Expo will be launched under the theme “Dare to Reshape Fezile Dabi”.
The Youth Career Expo will enable the youth to access relevant resources and gain opportunities needed to reshape Fezile Dabi District. The Expo will be characterized by discussions, skills-building workshops, networking, and ideation challenges supported by experts and practitioners in the ICT fields. The Youth Career Expo is targeted at 500 Grade 11 High School learners over a period of 2 days.
This Career Expo focuses on areas where there are urgent challenges and exciting potential for young people to take action in alignment with the National Development Plan (NDP) Goals 2030 and National Youth Policy 2030.
The key objectives of the Youth Career Expo include to:
Introduce young people to relevant ICT skills;
- Create awareness on the myriad careers an entrepreneurship opportunities available within the ICT sector and other sectors;
- Demonstrate digital transformation as a lever for socio-economic development, especially in rural and disadvantaged communities;
- Facilitate community education and engagement on Cyber-safety;
- Provide financial management skills to the youth; and
- Enable young people to demonstrate their skills by participating in an innovative challenge that responds to local needs.
The Expo is part of the District Development Model (DDM) in which the three spheres of government and state entities work in unison with other development partners to ensure impact-oriented and higher performance and accountability. This is to ensure a coherent service delivery and development outcomes.